Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Utah Thus Far

     We have been here for nearly 6 months now and it still feels, at least to me, like we are on a long vacation. Everyone is settling in fine. Our ward is very nice with a diverse people, I love it. We are currently renting a condo while we look for a home to buy. Maybe when I have an actual place to hang my photos and art work I will start feeling like Utah is my home. The kids like their school and are making lots of friends. Unfortunately when we buy a house they will be moving schools again and will have to start over. The positive side.....this will be the last time they have to move. School is mostly year-round out here. There are 2 charter schools in the area we are looking for a house and they are on a traditional school system. We are hoping to be able to get the kids into one of those schools. If we can then I can finish my photography degree. If not then we may have to put them in year-round public school and I will have to figure something else out. Jon's job is going ok. It has it's struggles, but he is getting through them as best he can.
     Since moving here we have spent a lot of time visiting places. We spend more time away from home on the weekend than we did when we were in Roseville. Being near lots of mountains means there is quite a bit to do and lots to explore.

Ok well....it's late and I have to get up early in the morning and wrangle kids
out of bed for school in the morning.
 
 I have been trying to get the slide show for this post ready for the past month. I hit some snags with the music. Also I was not able to put it on here as anything other than a link. So click the link at the bottom of the page to watch the slide show.


https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=1936104A3CED0A8C&id=1936104A3CED0A8C%21110&v=3

No comments: