Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Permanent Residents


We are now residents of Utah....not just vacationing any more. (teehee) We have bought a house which we moved into in October; Halloween weekend to be precise. We love our new place. It is 5 bed 2 1/2 bath with lots of room to roam and play. The neighborhood is packed with kids. Heather and Trevor have no end of companions to keep them entertained. Our ward is AWESOME not quite as big as our Roseville ward but very welcoming and friendly people. Jon and I both have callings in Cub Scouts. Jon is the new Cub Master and I am the Cub Committee Chair. Neither of us have ever been in Cub Scouting positions before and this has proved to be challenging, but a challenge we have willingly taken on. With Trevor moving into to Cub Scouts in just a few months were are able to get a head start on seeing what he will be doing. 

Christmas this time around was different for our family. We very much miss the Christmas traditions we had in Roseville but it was also fun to do something new. This year we spent Christmas in Arizona with Jon's brother Paul and his family. Jon's sister Ann and her family were there for Christmas Eve as well. We had an enjoyable time and Heather and Trevor loved playing with their cousins.

This year in 4th grade Heather got to participate in a Science Project. She and I worked very hard to produce Sugar Candy Crystals, but alas they did not form. We tried several times, not sure what we did wrong, but it was fun anyway.

Trevor had to disguise a Thanksgiving Turkey so that it wouldn't find itself on the Thanksgiving dinner table. He chose to make his turkey a football player. ;-)

Jon turned 42 this year. Yes....42. Times flies when you're getting old. ;-) My brother Jeremy, his wife Paula and their little cuteness Zoe spent the evening with us. Trevor showed us all how to tame his latest toy. Not sure what it is called but he's got it DOWN.  Ice Castles was a fun sight to see. There are several of these awesome ice buildings in Colorado, Utah and New Hampshire. We went late in February when things were starting to warm up so it was more like a snow cone than and Ice castle. It was very drippy but still very cool to see. I can't wait to go back next year when it's colder and I can actually take some pictures inside the ice.  This kids like their school. They are still having a hard time with Year-round school, but they will get the hang of it.  Jon's job is going well for the time being. It has it's ups and downs as most jobs do but he is hanging in there.  January and February were big months for me as I made 3 baby quilts. That was quite the challenge for me and I usually like to spread out 1 quilt over a months time. Working on it here and there. It was fun though and I was glad to be able to do it.  Well I guess that's the gist of things here. Utah is definitely the place for us to be and I am very glad that we have moved here. I wasn't sure about it at first but this is definitely where Heavenly Father wants us to be. Now if more or our family would start following us out here then that would be even more to celebrate. We miss everyone back home. You are not easily forgotten. We follow you on facebook and love to hear from you when you have the time. Hope everyone is well 

Roskelley's                                    



 

No comments: