When I first moved to Roseville one of the women in our ward invited me over to make freezer jam with her. I had never done it before so it was a new experience for me. She told me it was the only way her family ate jam and so she made it every year. Thanks to her kindness and willingness to teach me a new skill, I now make it for my family every year or 2 as needed.
I know the directions say that you're only supposed to keep it in the freezer for 1 year, but I've kept it in my freezer for up to 2 years without any problems. Lately my son has been going through peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches like wild fire so I am making more this year.
Below are the results of my first batch. I find that I have not bought enough strawberries for the amount I was hoping to make so I will have to buy more and do it again another day. I never seem to remember from year to year how much I need. (a failing memory is a terrible thing)
Washed and ready to mash
Thanks to this blender
attachment, I don't
have to mash by hand.
Wahla
Ingredients mixed and
ready to pour into containers.
I use glad plastic. Works great.
The finished product. Only took
about and 1 1/2 hours. Simple
and the kids love it. Great on
waffles and pancakes too.
2 comments:
Ummmm, I want a piece of that goodness! Great job!
Yum! I need to make some this year.
Post a Comment