
Is it just me? Does anyone else get a Jury Summons every year? I never saw a Jury Summons until I moved to Roseville and I have gotten them ever year for the last 6 years.
The process:
You go pick up the mail and notice the California state seal peaking at you through the envelope. Superior Court of California, County of________. Office of the Jury Commissioner. Your heart starts pounding, your face turns red, and you wonder aloud why on earth do you have to go through this every year.?
You open the envelope to read that you must call a certain number on the Friday before you are scheduled to "possibly" report for Jury Duty. Until that Friday appears you have nervous knots in your stomach ever time you remind yourself of what that phone call,after 4:30 pm on the Friday before, will mean.
The aboved mentioned Friday finally comes around and you dial the number wondering whether or not you will be picked this year. Once you have entered your Juror number and other information you are then told that you may pissibly be needed for a date in the very near future and to call again on the night before that date to see if you really are needed. (making any sense?) This process continues until you either have to make an appearance at a designated court house or they decide that you aren't needed at this time and tell you that your time has been served. (until you get another summons exactly 12 months later)
As of yet I have not actually had to report for Jury Duty which actually makes this whole experience more nerve racking for me. I wonder if I do finally get into a court room and chosen for a Jury if they might let me have a break and not send me another summons for....oh I don't know....at least 2 years. *smile*
Until that time....here I sit unable to plan out may days any further in advance than the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment