Monday, January 5, 2009

Put Your Trust in Him

Proverbs 3:5&6

5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own dunderstanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Alma 36:3

3 And now, O my son Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day.

For those of you who may be going through some hard times, or may need a spiritual pick me up, I hope these words bring comfort to you.

I have been struggling with many things lately. Tonight I went searching for comfort and this is what I found. I get so used to doing things on my own that I often forget to turn to the scriptures; and when I did I was reminded that if I turn to my Heavenly Father more I will always be able to find comfort there and struggle less on my own. I need to study my scriptures more. Often I read them and it only seems to come out as words on a page not so much definition or meaning.

This year in Primary I am excited to be teaching the CTR 8 class. We will be studying the Doctrine and Covenants and learning about the life of the Prophet Joseph Smith. There is so much to teach them and I hope that we can learn and grow together as our testimonies strengthen in the teachings of the gospel.

No comments: